Thursday 1 September 2011

Popcorn & Pies



I was first introduced to the joys of Joe & Seph’s amazing Gourmet Popcorn by Katy of The Feel-good Foodbook on our way to see The Killers at Hyde Park earlier this summer.  She had recently discovered them at Taste of London and had brought along the few remaining kernals of the Smooth Caramel, Coconut & Cinnamon variety.  I was hooked.

I have been regularly perusing their website ever since struggling to decide which of the unusual but intriguing flavours to order.  After weeks of indecision I realised I needed to try it for myself and found the perfect opportunity when I won tickets to Oxford’s Foodies Festival.


The popcorn was even better than their tasting notes could describe and their popcorn enthusiasts were happy to let us try as many flavours as we wanted.  I finally decided on four pouches of the wonderful golden puffs and I’m not planning on sharing any of them!
I chose Smooth Caramel, Coconut & Cinnamon; as I knew after that first taste on the M3 that I needed more, Caramel Macchiato & Whisky, the perfect after dinner treat, a savoury Goats Cheese & Black Pepper and the brand new Toffee Apple.  

Popcorn booty

I was also lucky enough to try the, as yet unreleased, Mince Pie flavour which I have been assured will available in time for winter.  I’ll be putting it on my Christmas list for sure.
Although clearly my favourite stall at the festival, and the crowds around it would imply that many would agree, Joe & Seph’s was not the only food I fell for.  

A motto to live by
I tried a warm Heidi pie from Pieminister, a tasty mix of goats cheese, sweet potato and spinach inside a perfect for one pastry case.  I will definitely be choosing these as a feel-good go to in the cold months ahead.  


I was tempted by the American-style baked delights of Outsider Tart.  The peanut butter Monster Cookies were an obvious draw but I was also intrigued by the Shoofly Whoopie Pies.  I had to pass on the sweet treats seeing as I had a bag full of popcorn and a stomach full of pie.  I heard that the pumpkin pie was pretty special but I just can’t bring myself to eat Autumn flavours yet.


Huge thanks to Joe & Seph's for the tickets.  I'll be placing an order just as soon as I finish demolishing these pouches.



No comments:

Post a Comment