Wednesday 20 June 2012

Hump Day

Hoping to do more tootling this summer

"Wednesday is Hump Day". I said this in front of my new colleagues and got some strange looks in return.

It has nothing to do with those extra-curricular activities. Is it the celebration of the fact that at lunchtime on Wednesdays you are officially "over the hump" and can stop dreaming about the previous weekend and start planning for the one coming up.

Today is an extra special Hump Day as it is also Summer Solstice.

Another 'hump' if you will. It's the longest day of the year and from now on they will get shorter and night will come sooner. I guess technically that means we are half way through summer, although it doesn't feel like it has even begun yet. This is not such a happy hump.

I'd better start working on that Summer Bucket List pronto. So far I have only made a little progress on points 1, 8 and 1. Must. Try. Harder.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment