Wednesday 13 June 2012

The Move



So I did it, I made the move. 
The move that has been at the top of my 5 Year Plan for the last...um, five years.  The move that my Clapham-born Dad has been nagging me to make for I don't know how long.  
The move to London.
Well, I have completed the first phase of The Move at least.  I'm staying with one of my favourite friends in the picturesque town of Henley-on-Thames and commuting to my new job in the City.  One thing at a time.
I have a Travelcard, blazer and killer heels (stored under my desk for when I get to the office obviously)
The Move was a scary one.  I've had some great times over the last few months and as the time came to leave I had the inevitable doubts as to whether I was doing the right thing.  Surely it would be easier to stay near the beach, near friends this summer.  I could relocate in the Autumn, or next year.

When it came to it, I knew that this was, is, the right time for me.  I was encouraged by family and friends who reminded me that should I need them, they will be right where I left them...by the sea.
I can't quite believe that I have done it after all this time.  This is my life now and I intend the record my eats, buys and adventures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment